Saturday, December 19, 2009

Shenanigans!

Shenanigan

she·nan·i·gan
(plural she·nan·i·gans)

noun
Definition:

1. questionable act: something that is deceitful, underhanded, or otherwise questionable ( usually used in the plural )

2. trick or prank: a playful trick, mischievous prank, or other display of high spirits

[Mid-19th century]


I love that word....Shenanigans!

It just rolls off the tongue....and it sounds like what it means...mischief. How fun! I love trouble, well good mischief anyway....

My husband and I love shenanigans, especially if we're pulling shenanigans on the kids...and our kids were born suckers. Unfortunately they're getting smarter, they're onto us now. We have to plan bigger and better, and be very flexible. There used to be a time when a simple fabrication could bring a days worth of giggles to the King and I.....

Like the time they were whining during a particularly long car ride and we started telling them about their older "brother" Bruce.

"Bruce used to chew bubble gum."

"Oh yeah Bruce was a huge vikings fan."

"Man could Bruce catch fish! He was a born fisherman I tell ya..."

"Bruce used to whine in the car too, that's why we left him at that truck stop...."


and then from the backseat...."Heeeeeyyyy you guys made Bruce up, didn't you?"
They were answered with gales of laughter from the front seat but now they've caught on...

They're doing it back to us now, and they're getting really good at it. Really good.

My mother sent them fake dog doo for Christmas, so it's a safe guess that this is genetic. She was the Queen of Shenanigans when I was a kid and I learned well....

I think as she hands the torch (or dog doo) down to the next generation, I can safely say that they too have learned well.
Qweenie Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something, say something, anything
Your silence is deafening
Pay me in kind.....~James~

Books, books...I love them...

Recommended by Qweenie

A Charmed Death
The Trouble With Magic
Armed and Glamorous
Grave Apparel
Hostile Makeover
Raiders of the Lost Corset
Designer Knockoff
Killer Hair
Red Knife: A Cork O'Connor Mystery
The Queen's Fool
Thunder Bay: A Cork O'Connor Mystery
Just One Look
The Everafter War
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
The Eyre Affair
Snow Blind
Dead Run
Phantom Prey
Monkeewrench
Drowning Ruth


Qweenie's favorite books »

Honors.....

Proud member of Mom Blog Network
I'm a Top Mommma!
I'm a Top Mommma!