Friday, December 18, 2009

Cuz time-outs only work for so long.....

Kids will test you.....

When people tell you that kids aren't doing things maliciously, they are stupid or childless, or their children walk all over them and they're oblivious....

Because children WILL test you, and they test you to see what they have to do, how far to go to get what they want...

It's human nature....

and guess what people "Children are human too!!"

But here's a little tip from me to you, you are in fact, the adult in the situation....

That means you get to dole out random punishment with out time limits, you get to swat a butt if you feel it necessary and you sure as hell have the right to make their life harder for 5 damn minutes....

I am so sick of people who say "we don't eat at restaurants because the kids won't behave" or "oh he makes that noise all the time, we just ignore it"....

The hell you say!

You are the adult, you explain the behavior you expect, and the consequences for not behaving appropriately in each situation....and then, and here's the biggest part, YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THROUGH.

YOU have to be the bad guy, you are NOT their friend, You are their teacher....their PARENT.

I promise you my kids are far from perfect and I don't go around beating them all day (though some days it seems like I should start) but they are well behaved in public, they treat people with respect and they never make other people homicidal while they are TRYING to enjoy a nice dinner out at the local Olive Garden.....

okay so maybe I have an agenda with this post....

perhaps it's not just about me trying to pass on some helpful tips to my readers....

Maybe I just want the woman with the over-tired kindergartner to drag his squealing ass out to the car and take him home so I can enjoy my umlimited salad and bread sticks in peace....

Oh, and um, Waitress.....

Yes, could I have some more of that free sample wine please...Thank you!


Next time I'll tell ya'll about how after enough "free samples" of wine at Olive Garden, you won't care how loud other peoples children are.....or whether you had shoes on when you got there.....
Qweenie Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something, say something, anything
Your silence is deafening
Pay me in kind.....~James~

Books, books...I love them...

Recommended by Qweenie

A Charmed Death
The Trouble With Magic
Armed and Glamorous
Grave Apparel
Hostile Makeover
Raiders of the Lost Corset
Designer Knockoff
Killer Hair
Red Knife: A Cork O'Connor Mystery
The Queen's Fool
Thunder Bay: A Cork O'Connor Mystery
Just One Look
The Everafter War
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
The Eyre Affair
Snow Blind
Dead Run
Phantom Prey
Monkeewrench
Drowning Ruth


Qweenie's favorite books »

Honors.....

Proud member of Mom Blog Network
I'm a Top Mommma!
I'm a Top Mommma!