Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I've come to wish you an Unhappy Birthday...."

I love that song. It's by The Smiths. Every year on my birthday I hear this song playing in my head all day long. I'm not really sure why, it's not as though my birthday is particularly bad every year or something.....actually, my 30th birthday was a blast.

My birthdays just tend to be kind of lonely.

My parents live out west as does my sister and most of my friends. I have some other friends scattered around the country but none that are close enough to come for a birthday dinner and make it home that same night.....makes it hard to have a celebration.

Then again it's kinda always been that way, for one thing it's way too close to Christmas and for another it's almost always frigid or overly snowy. Not exactly the kind of weather you drag people out in.....

So this year it's just gonna be the King, Ace, Knave, the pups and I but I think it's gonna be a good one. The sun is shining and there's fresh powder, I even got to sleep in thanks to a snow day so hey, Happy Birthday to me!
Qweenie Signature

9 comments:

  1. Happy Bday, doll. And, I finally added you onto the reader. I'm VERY slow to do these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, sweetie, Happiest Birthday wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday sweetie!!! I wish we were all there...we'd party it up big time =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday darlin'!!!

    I hope it's a wonderful day! How do I not have this written down???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I called you last night and left you a happy birthday message on your cell phone, promising to call your house phone next so that I could tell YOU.

    Then I called your cell phone RIGHT back, because I don't know your new house phone.

    So I sound a little crazy... but I'm sure that you're used to it. :) A very merry unbirthday, love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (belated) Happiest of Birthday wishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for your birthday. Hope the next year brings you all good things.

    ReplyDelete

Say something, say something, anything
Your silence is deafening
Pay me in kind.....~James~

Books, books...I love them...

Recommended by Qweenie

A Charmed Death
The Trouble With Magic
Armed and Glamorous
Grave Apparel
Hostile Makeover
Raiders of the Lost Corset
Designer Knockoff
Killer Hair
Red Knife: A Cork O'Connor Mystery
The Queen's Fool
Thunder Bay: A Cork O'Connor Mystery
Just One Look
The Everafter War
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
The Eyre Affair
Snow Blind
Dead Run
Phantom Prey
Monkeewrench
Drowning Ruth


Qweenie's favorite books »

Honors.....

Proud member of Mom Blog Network
I'm a Top Mommma!
I'm a Top Mommma!