Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Sometimes "Goodbye" is easier to say than you thought.....

In the last year I have done a little, shall we say "editing" in my life.....

Got rid of some friends (and family members) that I felt like I just didn't need anymore. Some of them seemed to not need me anymore either so I guess that's alright too....

I'm pretty sure in most cases it was a clean break, and it's possible that it was an easier thing to do than I ever expected. I find myself less stressed about things that used to make me want to pull out my hair. Now I'm more relaxed, ready to deal with things at a slower, more reasonable pace.

I've learned a lot too.

I've learned about the true value of friendship, support and loyalty. I used to always consider myself to be a good friend to any one that needed a good friend. Going out of my way to help and support but now I know that you can't make every one happy.

I hope I'm teaching my kids these new lessons too, I'd hate for them to be in their 30s before they figure them out. Although I suppose some lessons need to be learned rather than taught.....
Qweenie Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something, say something, anything
Your silence is deafening
Pay me in kind.....~James~

Books, books...I love them...

Recommended by Qweenie

A Charmed Death
The Trouble With Magic
Armed and Glamorous
Grave Apparel
Hostile Makeover
Raiders of the Lost Corset
Designer Knockoff
Killer Hair
Red Knife: A Cork O'Connor Mystery
The Queen's Fool
Thunder Bay: A Cork O'Connor Mystery
Just One Look
The Everafter War
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
The Eyre Affair
Snow Blind
Dead Run
Phantom Prey
Monkeewrench
Drowning Ruth


Qweenie's favorite books »

Honors.....

Proud member of Mom Blog Network
I'm a Top Mommma!
I'm a Top Mommma!