Wednesday, December 26, 2007

One for the Road.....

Though I am sure that there will be more. It seems I have caught yet another "hoopla" type infection (LOL) from my dear friend Judith Shakespeare and since it is Christmas themed I figure I better get it done with a quickness so......

'Da Rules:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a ‘hoopla’ and not the dreaded ‘m’-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you’re done. None of this “if you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged” stuff is allowed…then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you — but the more, the merrier to get this ‘hoopla’ circulating through the Blog-o-sphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it.

Okay so now......

1. I enjoy a white Christmas. I was born in southern California and lived there for many years, when I was 6 I moved to Lake Tahoe and since then I just doesn't seem like Christmas if there isn't snow on the ground.

2. I hate to cook, but I love to bake.....Christmas is the prime baking season so it's MY time in the kitchen.

3. I only put half my decorations up evey year.

4. When I was a kid it was tradition in our house to dress up and have lots of guests over for Christmas Eve, now I usually just hang out with my small family. I miss the party.

5. I grew up a military brat, my dad would sometimes bring home a kid (airmen) or two who couldn't go home for Christmas. Those were some of the most memorable holidays because it truly put the "spirit of Christmas" into perspective.

6. I hate fruitcake.

7. Last Christmas I got a sewing machine and while I am eager to learn how to use it, I have not used it once yet.

8. This year we never got our outside lights put up.

9. I never put my tree up before the 1st of December and it is almost always down by the 2nd of January.

10. My youngest son has a Nutcracker collection that we display at Christmas.

11. I love the smell of a live tree but because my husband is allergic we have a fake, but I buy a real wreath every year.

12. I HAVE to have Peppermint Mocha flavored coffee for Christmas morning or else it's just not Christmas!!

....okay that's it....now I tag Jeanie, Jewels, and Beth.
Qweenie Signature

6 comments:

  1. Oh, great! Now I have to figure out exactly what I'm supposed to do all while thinking of 12 things. Damn, didn't I beg, plead, and ask you to be nice to me? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your 12 randoms for the Hoopla :) I love to bake and hate to cook too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the hoopla, too!! I think I need a peppermint mocha now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want some peppermint mocha...NOW!!!!

    i love baking, too. that's what i've been doing, today. it's really so i won't scream at my children, who are annoying me!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaa. Ha.
    I don't DO hooplas. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was a navy brat! but dad never brought home anyone. that would have been something nice. (spirit of christmas nice).

    and i hate fruitcake too. fruitcake that isn't made by my ma. don't roll your eyes. it is categorically awesome. shouldn't be called fruitcake, it's nice.

    i had fruitcake as a wedding cake (mum-in-law's idea) you couldn't cut it without a very strong, sharp saw. that's just wrong. i think i tried a john belushi samurai sword manoeuvre, to no avail AND i looked like a twit in my wedding dress. oh well. not the first, not the last.

    ReplyDelete

Say something, say something, anything
Your silence is deafening
Pay me in kind.....~James~

Books, books...I love them...

Recommended by Qweenie

A Charmed Death
The Trouble With Magic
Armed and Glamorous
Grave Apparel
Hostile Makeover
Raiders of the Lost Corset
Designer Knockoff
Killer Hair
Red Knife: A Cork O'Connor Mystery
The Queen's Fool
Thunder Bay: A Cork O'Connor Mystery
Just One Look
The Everafter War
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
The Eyre Affair
Snow Blind
Dead Run
Phantom Prey
Monkeewrench
Drowning Ruth


Qweenie's favorite books »

Honors.....

Proud member of Mom Blog Network
I'm a Top Mommma!
I'm a Top Mommma!